series key 2: Innovate - What is new? How does it apply to me? How can it propel me forward?
"If you always do what you always did, you will always get what you always got." -Albert Einstein
Social Media/New Media
- Utilize innovation and current technologies and the many new media options.
- Learn about new media options, how they can be easily incorporated into your personal objectives and plans.
- Educate yourself about how to utilize new media, engage, interact, advance your personal vision.
- Understand the value of various types of interactive communication, how, when, and where to use them.
"Social media refers to the means of interactions among people in which they create, share, and exchange information and ideas in virtual communities and networks. It introduces substantial and pervasive changes to communication between organizations, communities and individuals." -Wikipedia
Popular social media sites include Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, Blogs. Meetup and hundreds more. There are also special interest sites for interacting with focused peer groups. For instance for the reading and books community: Shelfspace, Goodreads, Authonomy.
"New media refers to on-demand access to content any time, anywhere, on any digital device, as well as interactive user feedback, creative participation. Another aspect of new media is the real-time generation of new, unregulated content.The rise of new media has increased communication between people all over the world and the Internet. It has allowed people to express themselves through blogs, websites, pictures, and other user-generated media." -Wikipedia
Be innovative in finding new ways to use these new mediums - innovations
- Build best practices habits - utilizing new technologies - vehicles
- Build peer groups - affinity groups to learn, strategize, and with whom to test drive new ideas
- Structure better time management practices - online meetings, groups, online communication
Utilize innovation - New Media to “get on the right trail” to “get to the right stream and current flow”
"You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." Andre Gide
- Move in the right direction… to the big “blue ocean” of opportunity…
- As opposed to trying to compete in the “Red Ocean Strategy”, the conventional approach to business
of beating competition derived from military strategy.
- Innovation helps to adapt to change and to create new opportunities and progressive changes
Blue ocean strategy generally refers to the creation by a company of a new, uncontested market space
that makes competitors irrelevant and that creates new consumer value often while decreasing costs
and emphasizes innovation and initiative.
Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne of The Blue Ocean Strategy Institute
What Color Is Your Parachute? 2012: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers by Richard N. Bolles
-The 7 keys to regaining control of your life, work, and destiny
Overview: Making Work Meaningful and Sustainable in the New Economy
- The 7 keys to regaining control of your life, work, and destiny
series - key 1: Stay Connected - The 7 keys to regaining control of your life, work, and destiny
series - key 2: Innovate - The 7 keys to regaining control of your life, work, and destiny
series - key 3: Volunteer - The 7 keys to regaining control of your life, work, and destiny
series - key 4: Get a Job - The 7 keys to regaining control of your life, work, and destiny
series - key 5: Build Your Boat- The 7 keys to regaining control of your life, work, and destiny
series - key 6: Sail Away on Your Boat- The 7 keys to regaining control of your life, work, and destiny
series - key 7: Live Your Dream - The 7 keys to regaining control of your life, work, and destiny